Monday

Monthly Totals

It is that time again! I am so excited to report that my total for groceries, toiletries, paper products and cleaners this month was a whopping $138.84!!! That is definitely a record for me. At the beginning of this month I challenged myself to try to stick to a $50 per week budget instead of my normal $100 per week. My actual weekly average ended up being $34.71! I was under budget! I am totally surprised!

Now that the month is through I will share with you my inspiration for this budget cut. My husband lost his job last month and we were not sure how long we would be unemployed. Thankfully we were able to find a job in just three weeks, but we will still have some catching up to do as a paycheck still won't be coming until next month. I thought I would try to cut our food $$ in half for a few months until we got caught up. To be honest I wasn't sure I could cut it in half yet again. I still am so surprised that I was able to spend less than I gave myself. I really love couponing!

I love that no matter what your budget, this system works to feed my family.
Any of you out there who are not sure that it can really work. I am here to tell you it can. It does take some time each week, but being able to feed my family while we are out of work and figure out a way to live within our means is definitely worth that sacrifice to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment