Sunday

Chicken Fajita Marinade

This recipe comes from my sister-in-law Sarah. It is super easy and very flavorful. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.

Chicken Fajita Marinade

¼ cup oil
½ cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1½ lb. chicken breast


Mix marinade in a ziplock bag and marinade 8-24 hours. Grill meat and slice thinly.

UPDATE: So I decided to tweak this recipe a little to see if I could improve it with a few little additions and I really really liked the results. I added about 1/4 C chopped fresh cilantro, the juice of 2 limes, I substituted dried chipolte chili pepper for the chili powder and substituted white whine vinegar for the red. I will be making it this way from now on. YUMMY!

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had this recipe last week when I was trying to find a good fajita marinade... I will definately try it next time. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Man! I hate it when that happens. I also have a great beef fajita marinade as well if you prefer beef to chicken. Just let me know and I can post it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen! When can we hang out? Isn't it crazy how busy summer gets? I'm ready to start couponing and wonder if I can come hang out and pick your brain (again). Also, I don't think I have an invite to your family blog and would love it. Hope you are doing well. Email or call when you can. :)

    ReplyDelete