Monday

11.9.09

Saturday I made a quick run to Safeway. They had some great in-ad coupons this week making items cheap or free and I wanted to take advantage of it. While I was there I hit the jackpot or blinkie and tearpad coupons. They have a lot of holiday displays set up for products and most of them have some sort of coupon attached. Here is a picture of what I found.




November and December is the time of year to stock up on baking supplies. So that is just what I am doing. Safeway is having a great promotion on baking items that runs through November 29th. Buy $25 in participating products (there are many to choose from) and get a $5 coupon to use on your next order. The $25 is your cost before coupons but after Safeway discounts. Here are the details of my trip.
I got all of this...

for $63.08!
Plus I have 2-$5 off my next order coupons to use on my next trip
(and trust me there will be a next trip).

My total before coupons and sales $122.56
Total % Saved 49%

Although my % savings doesn't seem too high I am still very pleased with
what I got.,,well most of it. (read below)
HERE IS WHAT I GOT
23-5# pkg. Safeway Sugar
$1.99 each
The cost after you figure in the promotion (with the $5OYNO) is just $0.32 per #. This is much better than the price even at Sams Club which is $0.55 per #. To make the deal even sweeter. I don't have to try to lug the 25# bag from Sams. YAY!!!

2 (48oz) bottle Wesson Canola Oil
$2.99-$0.70 in ad coupon
FINAL PRICE
$2.29 each
The cost of this after the promotion is just $1.83 each. That is $0.04 per oz. compare to Sams big 1.25 gal jug @ $0.05 per oz.

1 (24 pk) Diet Dr. Pepper (my hubby says we need variety)
$6.49-$2.00 peelie
FINAL PRICE
$4.49

1 dozen Large Eggs
$1.09-$1.09 in-ad coupon
FINAL PRICE
FREE

2 (8oz) pkg. Lucern Cream Cheese
$1.49-$0.50 in-ad coupon
FINAL PRICE
$0.99 each

1 Bottle Nesquick
$3.99
This is one of the hazards of getting something for free. Remember my free chocolate milk from Monday? Well apparently it wasn't enough for my hubby and he just happened to be with me on this trip so guess who this was for. (SIGH)

1 Tropicana OJ
$3.99-$3.99 in-ad coupon
FINAL PRICE
FREE

Safeway English Muffins
$1.89-$1.89 in-ad coupon
FINAL PRICE
FREE

1 pkg. thick sliced bacon
$3.99-$3.99 in-ad coupon
FINAL PRICE
FREE

No comments:

Post a Comment