Monday

Menu Plan Monday

We have a few repeats from last week. It was a busy week so there were a few nights we just didn't cook (cold cereal anyone?). This weeks menu was a little easier for me to come up with, but I would still love to get some ideas from some of you.

For those who are wondering, the sesame chicken recipe from last week was super yummy. I think I will try to tweak the recipe a little bit to fit my tastes but its a great starter recipe. I would reduce the sesame oil a little bit and I am also going to see if I can adjust it to not be fried but sauteed with the sauce. I am just so excited to have made some Chinese food at home that was not only edible (that too is a first for us.lol) but pretty comparable to restauraunt taste. The bonus was that it cost us under $5.00 for 6-9 generous servings. That is so much cheaper than than takeout!

On to this weeks menu.

BREAKFAST

  • French Toast & Fruit
  • Cereal & Fruit
  • English Muffins & Fruit
  • Hard boiled Eggs & Fruit
  • Oatmeal & Fruit

LUNCH

  • PBJ & Grapes
  • Chicken Nuggets & Apple Slices
  • Cheese Quesadilla's & Carrot Slices
  • Grilled Cheese & Orange Slices
  • Baked Potatoes
  • Lots of Left Overs

DINNER

  • Hamburgers, Chips & Fresh Pineapple
  • Chicken Enchiladas & Salad
  • Grits & Eggs
  • Summer Pasta Salad
  • Date Night (Hot Dogs & Carrots for the kiddos)
  • Steak, Baked Potatoes & Steamed Broccoli
  • Pepsi Pot Roast, Mashed Potatoes, Carrots & Mushrooms

SNACKS

  • Yogurts
  • Applesauce
  • Cheese Crackers
  • Oranges
  • pears
  • Grapes
  • Apples
  • Bananas
  • Rice Cakes
  • Cucumber Slices
  • Carrots Sticks
  • Granola Bars
  • Popcorn
  • Mushrooms

Happy eating this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment