Monday

Time to Own Up!

Well it is that time of the month again...time to figure out what I spent on my grocery bill this month. I am happy to report that it is still going down! I really thought that this month would be higher because we had a major eating holiday and I was stocking up so much on baking supplies. For example I have at this point what I figure to be my supply for 1 year of sugar (including granulated, powdered and brown). I know this seems a little excessive to some but I promise there is a method to my madness. The prices for baking items typically only go this low this time of year. I now have enough of these items that I do not need to purchase them again until next year when they hit that rock bottom price again. I am hoping to continue to stock up next month as I would also like to acquire what I figure to be a supply for the year of flour. That is my goal before the end of December. But enough about goals... geez I am sidetracked today. Lets get back to the budget.

For the month of November here are the stats.

Total I would have spent before sales and coupons
$966.12
The total I paid out of pocket
$388.77
That is a savings of 60% folks!
Also not included in this figure is that I received rebate checks this month totalling $30.00. Which means I actually only spent $358.77 this month OOP.
The best part is I have almost cut my grocery budget in half from where I started ($700 a month) just four short months ago! I really never thought that I could save that much when I started this. This is just the motivation I needed to get me through another month of couponing. :) It is a lot of work but it really pays off...literally. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment