Wednesday

Wintergreen Salad with Lemon Poppyseed Dressing

This has got to be one of my favorite salad recipes!!! My friend Jen brought dinner to me when I had my second baby and it (along with everything else she brought) was quickly inducted into my family file of recipes.

½ head or 1 bag torn romaine lettuce
½-1 cup shredded swiss cheese
½ cup cashews
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1 pear, cubed

Dressing (can be made ahead to blend flavors)
¼ cup white sugar
¼ cup fresh lemon juice ( do not use bottled...trust me)
1 t onion powder
½ t Dijon mustard
¼ t salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1½ t poppy seeds

Place all dressing ingredients in a jar and screw the lid on tightly. Shake until well combined and the sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate until needed. I usually don’t use all of the dressing. In a large serving bowl combine all ingredients and toss gently Just before serving pour dressing over salad and toss to coat
**tip-if you make this ahead of time you can store your sliced pears in the dressing to keep them from turning brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment