Wednesday

10.14.09

(sorry I am not the best at taking pictures)

I decided since Scott was in class tonight to attempt my Walgreens run tonight with kids. I know I have said over the past few weeks that that particular situation has always ended in disaster, but I figured if it was not working I could just leave and come back later. What is funny is just when I was getting ready to write Walgreens off because of it being so darn frustrating my transactions tonight went off without a hitch. I will say I did spend some major time planning at home. Figuring exactly what I would get in each transaction and combed through it all to make sure the # of items were right so that helped trmendously. I split up the Ragu with my SIL Rachel who is getting ready to move into her first home and will need to stock up on a few basics so that is why there are only 2 pictured but 8 purchased. Since Makayla wanted to go to Target to spend some of her birthday money I decided to check out a few things while I was there. I was not super impressed by the ad this week so wasn't expecting much. however I had heard of a few "possible" deals in the blogosphere so I thought I would just look since I was already there. Lets just say I scored BIG! The peanut butter was dirt cheap and since I price matched a Walgreens ad (only some stores do this so call first) I didn’t have to bother with their register rewards. YAY!!! The Clorox wipes were just something I stumbled upon and couldn't believe how well it worked. Check it out below! It is a little funny how excited I am about Clorox wipes, Diapers and Peanut Butter.lol. Anyway here is the breakdown.

Total before Coupons and Sales $112.59
Total out of Pocket $26.87
Total % Saved 76%

HERE IS THE WHAT I GOT


TARGET

6 (35ct) Clorox Wipes
$2.39 each-(2)B2GO coupon+(2)$0.50 insert coupon
FINAL PRICE
$1.43 each

4 Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner
$1.89-$1.50 tearpad coupon
FINAL PRICE
$0.39 each

6 jars Skippy peanut butter
$1.66 (price match from Walgreens) -$1/1 Target Coupon - $0.40 insert coupon
FINAL PRICE
$0.26 each
1 pair gloves
$1.00
WALGREENS
8 jars Ragu Sauce (only 2 pictured)
$1.66-$2/1 insert coupon-$8 RR/WYB 8
FINAL PRICE
$0.16 each

1 bottle Vaseline Lotion
$6.99-$1.50/1 insert coupon - 7 RR
FINAL PRICE
$1.50 overage

1 chapstick fresh effects
$2.99-$3RR
FINAL PRICE
$0.01 overage

4 boxes Quaker Granola Bars
$2.50-(2)$1/2 inset coupons - $5.00 RR
FINAL PRICE
$0.75 each

2 pkg. (50ct) size 1 Huggies Diapers
2 for $18 - (2) $1 WAGS coupons-(2) $2/1 printable coupons-$5.00 RR
FINAL PRICE
$3.50 each
For those of you who are wondering... I am purchasing these as gifts NOT making an announcement.lol.

2 pkg. Halloween Stickers(not pictured)
$0.49
each

1 Halloween Puzzle (not pictured)
$0.39

These last 2 items I refer to as "filler" items and are needed to make the deal work. If you are not familiar with how Walgreens Register Rewards work check this site out. Also after all of this I have a $5.00 Register Reward to use on my next purchase which will be much smaller but later this week. They were out of 1 item I needed to make the next transaction work. Luckily I have two Walgreens here in Castle Rock. So I will just check the other one next time I am out.

No comments:

Post a Comment