Monday

Menu Plan Monday

I know that I have said this over and over again but I am constantly amazed at how much this system works. Here I have planned a whole week menu and really am mostly using things that I already have on hand. I have also noticed that my shopping habits are beginning to change. Instead of buying things that are good prices I am now really only looking for things that are ROCK BOTTEM prices. The exciting part is that I am meeting BOTH of my goals simultaneously.

#1 Build of a storage of about 3 months worth or foods/ toiletries / and paper products (what I call consumables) that we use on a regular basis. The idea is that sales come around every 3 months or so (sometimes less). So if I have a 3 month supply of most items (other than things that need to be bought fresh) I will never have to pay full price for anything.

#2 Reduce my budget for food so I can use the saved money elsewhere. I will admit I really did not think it would be possible to reach both goals at the same time. Buy more and spend less seems like an oxymoron right?! But I am here to tell you that not only is it possible but it is sooo easy. It is not rocket science…it just takes time (a few hours a week). I will try to post some pictures later this week of our storage so you can get an idea of what you can do in 2 ½ months. Until then here is what we are having this week.

Breakfast- we will repeat come of these
Pancakes (made earlier and frozen)
Cereal
Oatmeal
Breakfast Burritos
Fruit

Lunch-
PBJ & Apple slices
Hot Dogs & Celery Sticks
Chicken Noodle Soup
Frozen Pizza and baby Carrots
Lots of Left Overs


Dinner-
Left Overs
Chicken Rolls, Mashed Potatoes & Green Beans (never made it last week)
BBQ Pork Sandwiches and Corn
Grilled Turkey Cheese Sandwiches and Tomato Soup
Tacos
Fried Rice & Pot Stickers
Beef Stew and Bread Bowls

Snacks-
Yogurt (we still have quite the surplus.lol)
Popcorn
Carrots
Crackers
Granola Bars
Cantelope

Apples
Celery Sticks
Strawberries
Pears
Bananas
Oranges
Chips & Salsa


Dessert-
Chocolate Mousse ( I never got to make it last week)

If you would like any of the recipes just let me know I would be happy to email them to you. If you have a second please leave me a comment with what you are having…or even what you had last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment