Monday

10.4.09


So my Walgreens trip this week was to say the least a little frustrating. After my last trip taking forever and this one not working the way I expected I am starting to wonder if it is even worth it, but alas I have another trip planned for next week so I guess I am getting some payoff. I am enjoying the benefits of the cheap medicine and toiletries that I have been able to stock up on. I think there are a few things that will make it easier

1. DO NOT take my children!!!!! Why I did not learn my lesson from this incident I am not sure. I feel bad saying this because my kids really do go on most of my shopping trips with me and it isn't usually this disastrous. For some reason the combination of kids and this store just really make me crazy. Maybe some women can handle it...I am not one of them.

2. Go early in the week so they will still have their good sale stuff in stock.

3. Watch the cashiers very carefully to make sure they ring things up correctly. If they don't act quickly and try to correct the situation before they continue and / or put your coupons in the coupon slot of the register.


Needless to say those guidelines are in an absolute perfect world and that perfect world just does not exist. So I will go next week to see how things go. This week was not fabulous. I spent more out of pocket than I planned because of the above points that I did not follow and I tried to improvise to get the items I wanted. After I got home and totaled everything up I realized it was not as much of a bust as I thought. Here is the breakdown


Total before Coupons and Sales $63.57
Total out of Pocket $24.66
Total % Saved 61%

HERE IS THE WHAT I GOT
1 (2pk) Emergen-C Immunity Booster
1 Oral B Advantage toothbrush
2 bags caramels
2 pkg. (20ct) dayquil
1 bottle Herbal Essence Shampoo
1 bottle Herbal Essence Conditioner
1 bottle vaseline sheer infusion lotion
1 pk (75) dental floss picks
1 small halloween puzzle (filler item)
1 2pk. Erasers (filler item)


Then I left with $10 RR back to use on next shopping trip which I will be using this week. Over all I still stayed in my weekly budget and guess I should not complain too much...it takes away from my planning time for my Walgreens trips.lol. I guess only time will tell if I continue to deal seek at Walgreens. We will see how this week goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment