Saturday

10.24.09

I decided to go to Safeway today to hit their weekend sale and I am glad I did. Some of the deals were even better than I planned. I was able to stock up on Ragu (definitely a supply that will last us a while) which is great. I also went planning to buy their Nabisco crackers that were on sale for $0.99. The only ones listed on the ads were plain triscuts and wheat thins. I was planning on paying $0.50 a box and then submitting them for this rebate to get $1.00 a box back. Making it a $0.50 profit. (I will be purchasing the rest to make the full 10 on Monday) But when I got there I saw that they had ALL varieties if wheat thins for $0.99 each. I had picked up some tearpad coupons at walmart for a $1.00/1 for a few of the new specialty varieties a few weeks ago. This not only makes them free but I can still submit for the rebate meaning... I will get paid $4 a box for these crackers!! I think I have officially become one of those people who gets paid for buying groceries my family eats. Funny,just a year ago I didn’t really believe “those” people existed. lol. I am definitely a realist. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. There is always a catch. I am here to happily report that I was wrong at least in this case (don’t tell my husband I said that. ;) ).

Here is the breakdown of my trip.

Total before Coupons and Sales $121.17
Total out of Pocket $29.71
Total % Saved 75%

HERE IS THE WHAT I GOT

4 pkg. American beauty pasta (1#)
$0.69 each

2 (1#) rolls Bob Evans Pork Sausage
$4.29 (on sale for BOGO)-2-$1/1 coupons
FINAL PRICE
$1.15

6 # Gala Apples
$0.50 per #

1 bag Fresh Express Spinach
$1.00-$1.00/1 catalina coupon (somebody left it behind so I got it on my transaction )
FINAL PRICE
FREE

3 pkg. Nabisco Wheat Thins Flatbread Crackers
$0.99-$1/1 tearpad coupon
FINAL PRICE
FREE

1 box Wheat Thin Artisan Cheese Crackers
$0.99-$1/1 peelie coupon
FINAL PRICE
FREE

1 can ravioli
$0.69

2 Hot Pockets Pizzeria
$1.69-$0.55 insert coupon
FINAL PRICE
$0.69 each

1-18ct large eggs
$1.39-$0.40 in ad coupon
FINAL PRICE
$0.99 each

23 jars ragu spaghetti sauce
$1.25-(7)$1.00/2 insert coupons (3) $0.30/1 insert coupons -(3) $0.60/2 printable coupons
FINAL PRICE
$0.74 each

So for just $29.71 I got all of this.
and I am halfway to submitting my $10 Nabisco rebate!

No comments:

Post a Comment